Obria Medical Clinics-Lawrenceville
565 Old Norcross Rd #200,
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Call or Text 770 338-1680
If you’re looking for the cost of an abortion pill in Loganville, we want to help you make an empowered choice. A choice that is best for you.
Mifeprex (RU-486 / Medical Abortion Pill)
According to Planned Parenthood, the Abortion Pill can be used until 10 weeks LMP (Last Menstrual Period), however, its effectiveness may decrease as the pregnancy progresses.1
The FDA approved regimen for Mifiprex (RU-486) is a two-visit process using two different drugs 2:
1. Mifepristone is given orally during the first office visit. Mifepristone blocks progesterone from sustaining the pregnancy, thereby ending the life of the baby.
2. Misoprostol tablets are given orally 48 hours later. The misoprostol will cause contractions to expel the baby’s remains. This does not take place at the medical office and may occur within a few hours or up to two weeks after taking misoprostol.
3. A physical exam is given by the healthcare provider about 7-14 days later to ensure the abortion is complete and that there are no immediate complications.
Risks and Side Effects
• Not advised for women who have anemia, bleeding disorders, liver or kidney disease, seizure disorder, acute inflammatory bowel disease, use an intrauterine device (IUD), or are unable to return for the follow-up visit.
• Cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding, infection and in rare cases, death.
• In a small percentage of pregnancies, the procedure may be unsuccessful in terminating the pregnancy. This risk increases with the length of your pregnancy. 3
• If you have taken the first dose of the pill and are experiencing doubts about your abortion, it may be possible to reverse your abortion. Every hour since your first dose of the abortion pill matters, so it’s important to call the Abortion Reversal Hotline at 877-558-0333 or an OB provider as soon as possible.
Fetal Development Weeks 4-8
The following describes some of the developmental steps of the baby during the time frame when a woman is eligible for a medication abortion. 4
• All major systems and organs begin to form.
• The beginnings of the eyes and ears are developing.
• Tiny limb buds appear, which will develop into arms and legs.
• The heart is beating.
• All major body systems continue to develop and function, including the circulatory, nervous, digestive, and urinary systems.
• The eyes, nose, mouth, and ears are becoming more distinct.
• The embryo is in constant motion but cannot be felt by the mother.
Abortion Pill Near Loganville 30052
• Abortion Pill Loganville, GA
• Abortion Pills Loganville, GA
• RU486 In Loganville, GA
• Mifiprex Loganville, GA Info
• Abortion Info Loganville, GA
• Abortion near me Loganville, GA
• Abortion answers Loganville, GA
• Abortion questions Loganville, GA
• Abortions near me Loganville, GA info
We are not an abortion clinic.
1 Planned Parenthood (2019). How effective is the abortion Pill? Retrieved from https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/the-abortion-pill
2 U.S. Food and Drug Administration (2016). Mifeprex Medication Guide. U.S. Department of Health. Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM088643.pdf))
3 Mifeprex Label (2016), Table 4.
4 Johns Hopkins Medicine (n.d.). Pregnancy: The First Trimester. Retrieved from https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/pregnancy_and_childbirth/first_trimester_85,p01218